Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top 10 Photos of 2011 - #9 – Display


When in a museum you are part of the art, part of the experience, part of the story being told. Art is not the only show on display. Wondering around the MET one afternoon I first noticed the light in the American wing courtyard, but it was my accidental tableau vivant that made this picture memorable.

I go to museums because I want to think. I go to museums to be surrounded by curiosity. I go to museums to be alone. I go to museums to learn something new. I go to museums to get up close. I go to museums to experience something live. I go to museums to feel. I go to museums to explore. I go to museums to be entertained. I go to museums to get educated. I...look at this picture and I can see people doing all of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment