Saturday, January 1, 2011

Top Ten 2010 #1

Six of the pictures that made my top ten of 2010 I loved the minute I took. I remember knowing they were contenders for a spot on the list as soon as I saw the result, six miracles that perfectly captured what I was feeling and seeing in that exact moment. The other four…well choosing them from the 4,567 images that remained was a bit more of a debate, and only time can tell if I got them correct. What I notice when I scan all the images is my instinct. Every time I reached for my camera I was experiencing a feeling, object, person, place, food or landscape that I loved so much I wanted to put it in my pocket and take it home. Exploring a years worth of pictures does underline the cliché fact that time moves faster as I get older. It also gives me a pictorial view of the moments that mattered.

#1 - Great Dining

This picture was my number one right after I took it. It is so perfect it shocked me when I first saw it. I’ve never created a cover worthy photo but this table, set to impress, is ready for its moment in the spotlight. I had many great meals in 2010 and I’d like to think that this image represents them all. The simple perfection of great food, great company and adventure feeds the perfect composition for art.

No comments:

Post a Comment