Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 10 Pictures of 2013 #10 - Home


Top 10 Pictures of 2013
#10 - Home

I’ve heard of people loving something so much they stare at it.  A new mom watching her baby; a teenager who polishes their first car to the point of sparkle; the bride-to-be who sees herself in “the dress” for the first time - that’s the type of gaze I’m talking about.  This year I got something I can’t help but stare at – a home. 

I’ve had a place to live, bathe and store my hat collection, but that room was never mine, it was an 18-year motel reservation.  A home is a hug.  It is an immediate feeling of familiarity and comfort that reflects who you are.  A home is a place you want to share with friends and family or don’t mind sacrificing a Spring Saturday to clean.

I didn’t need a mansion to give me this feeling all I needed was a place that Virginia Woolf called “one’s own.”  This picture makes my top 10 of 2013 because it is a piece of my new surroundings, to see all of it you will need to stop by, it’s not much, but it’s home.


No comments:

Post a Comment