Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 10 Pictures of 2013 #5 – Stop Light


Top 10 Pictures of 2013
#5 – Stop Light

I was stopped at a traffic light, I look to my right and I see this…a picture perfect pasture on a early fall day with healthy, happy horses enjoying their lunch.  I am happy to say this picture almost didn’t happen.  It almost didn’t happen because I was too busy enjoying the “live” moment to think to take a picture.  The light turned and I woke up to the fact that I was about to be taken away from this view and I didn’t want to leave.  I didn’t want to leave behind the moment of quiet and beauty and nature. I didn’t want to leave behind the feeling of the sun on my face and the image before me. How long is a traffic stop – 30 seconds maybe? In 30 seconds I fell in love, I fell in love with a dozen horses and my opportunity to appreciate them.  Looking at it now, and why this made my top 10, I am moved by the reminder of just how little time it takes to witness something you don’t ever want to let go of.


No comments:

Post a Comment